The Austin Independent School District announced Monday that it is putting 10 of its properties on the market—which, in this case, means it’s asking for proposals to buy, lease, or develop them in a manner in some way beneficial to the public.
The district’s Carruth Administration Center at 1111 West Sixth Street, in the extremely hot Clarksville neighborhood west of downtown, is among the properties.
Austin-based Southwest Strategies Group has will broker and market the listings, which include the Allan Center (formerly Allan Elementary School) in East Austin, downtown Texas historic landmark The Millet House, the Baker Center (formerly Baker Elementary) in Hyde Park, and vacant parcels in north, south, and east Austin.
In addition to traditional purchase and development offers, AISD is looking for groups interested in developing community opportunities to submit proposals.
Here is the full list of properties AISD is putting on the market:
• Carruth Administration Center at 1111 West Sixth Street
• Allan Center at 4900 Gonzalez Street
• Baker Center at 3908 Avenue B
• Millett Opera House (aka Austin Club) at 110 East Ninth Street
• 9.318 acres of land south of Alpine Road, adjacent to AISD Central Warehouse
• 1.234 acres of land at Doris and Hathaway Drive
• 31.987 acres of land at the southwest corner of US Highway 183 and Loyola Lane
• 12 acres of land on East 51st Street, adjacent to AISD Service Center
• 7.96 acres of land at the southeast corner of Tannehill Lane and Jackie Robinson Street
• 12.496 acres of land at 4806 Trail West Drive