It’s not often that a remodel captures our hearts the way this home in a lovely South Austin neighborhood did. Originally built as a doctor’s office on South Congress Avenue in 1925, the 1,800-square-foot house was moved to its current location in 1950 and converted to a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home.
In 2014, the house was fully renovated and enlarged, adding two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a family room, and a small kitchen, for a total of 3,200 square feet. The renovation was done in a way that allows privacy and separation among different suites in the house.
The original, renovated part of the home original oak floors, new glass doorknobs, and hand-made, wood-frame window screens. Long-leaf pine wall planks were removed, refinished, and reused in the kitchen, hall bath, and attic bedroom.