An 11,653-square-foot home that might be the embodiment of Old West Austin is on the market for $7.5 million. Built in 1940, the Greek Revival home was designed by Louis C. Page of legacy Austin architects known most famously as Page Southerland Page, now called simply “Page.” It’s also owned by legendary Austin philanthropists Joe and Teresa Long—as in the Long Center for the Performing Arts, one of their foundation’s most prominent civic contributions.
The Longs have owned the stately brick mansion at 2308 Woodlawn Boulevard for the past 28 years, according to a 2019 Austin Business Journal article (it was previously on the market for $8.5 million), and are only its second owners. They purchased it around 2004, according to ABJ, and renovated it twice, doubling its size.
The house is on a lot measuring over half an acre in its leafy Old Enfield enclave, known for its historic homes owned by prominent families, mixed with lavish newer builds. It has seven bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, three elevators, and a three-car garage. Eric Copper of KW-Austin Portfolio Real Estate holds the listing.