Welcome to Curbed Austin’s city guide, a seasonally updated map of 26 essential things to do in Austin.
This guide spotlights cultural institutions, the outdoors, and beautiful spaces that are essential to understanding and enjoying the city, whether as a resident or a visitor. With (our version of) winter seizing the days right now, picks include indoor spaces, such as the Blanton Museum of Art, as well as a mix of outdoor places to explore well inside the city—in case the weather turns from glorious to glum, you’ll be surrounded by places to warm up and choose your next adventure.
Looking for more ways to explore the City of the Violet Crown?
- Here are 26 family-friendly places to check out.
- Take a day trip! Here are 14 great small towns a short drive away.
- Or make it an overnight trip! Here are 7 adorable (and cozy) cabins and glamping spots not too far away.
- Here’s a map of iconic buildings that capture the essence of the city.
- Architecture buffs should definitely check out our map of 10 gorgeous buildings on the University of Texas.
- Here are 15 terrific local places for essential Instagrams.